AmeriCorps VIP Fellow - Greater Bay Area
The Volunteer Infrastructure Project (VIP) strengthens nonprofits to increase impact through the power of volunteers. This AmeriCorps term lasts from February 2022 - July 2022.
Our AmeriCorps members are called VIP Fellows, and they are leaders who build sustainable volunteer programs at nonprofits. Nonprofits that have strong volunteer programs are able to serve more clients and tackle more of our communities’ challenges. VIP Fellows join a nonprofit team and help them build systems that recruit, train, support, manage, and measure the success of volunteers.
Each VIP Fellow is placed at a participating nonprofit, and collaborates with that organization’s professional staff to build or strengthen volunteer management systems. VIP Fellows are members of a statewide network of 120 Fellows, and are key contributors of a local cohort of Bay Area and Sacramento Fellows that meet regularly for collaboration and training.
Over the course of the service term, VIP Fellows earn a Certificate in Volunteer Management, and become experienced in community outreach, volunteer management, nonprofit operations, partnership building, and professional communication. The VIP Fellow team in the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento is managed by the Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL). Come join the team, and make an impact this year!
Member Duties : VIP Fellows:
• Develop, implement or strengthen a volunteer program
• Work with nonprofit staff and leaders to identify needs and design impactful volunteer opportunities that meet the needs of the community’s children and families.
• Recruit and train community members as volunteers.
• Utilize the VIP Work Plan to build systems for tracking, training, managing, and evaluating volunteers.
• Serve side-by-side with staff and volunteers to provide guidance, to better understand the clients’ needs, and to improve the volunteer experience.
• Develop business partnerships that provide voluntary and limited financial support for the participating nonprofit (as approved by the CA Commission).
• Participate in professional development opportunities, including orientation, Volunteer Management Certificate program, regular meetings, National Day of Service projects with the local VIP cohort, a regional retreat, and online training.
Program Benefits : $8,000 Annual Stipend, Professional Development , Health Coverage , Childcare assistance if eligible , Education award upon successful completion of service.
Terms : Permits attendance at school during off hours , Car recommended , Permits working at another job during off hours.
Service Areas : Community Outreach , Disaster Relief , Health , Elder Care , Technology , Hunger , Education , Environment , Community and Economic Development , Neighborhood Revitalization , Children/Youth , Homelessness , Veterans
Skills : Team Work .
Age Minimum (with Adult): 19+, Minimum Age:19+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: