Special Event Details
Sonoma County Human Race 2023
Dates: 2/8/2023 - 5/12/2023
Sonoma County Human Race
May 12th & 13th, 2023
The Sonoma County Human Race is the largest community-driven 5k fundraising event in Sonoma County. Hundreds of local area nonprofits are supported by the funds we raise together.
Participants run, walk, or roll in support of Sonoma County nonprofits!
Volunteers are a HUGE part of this fun and purpose driven event!
Help with many opportunities such as:
* Race Packet distribution (Day prior to event, 5/12):
Help set up the space and organize materials alphabetically prior to the beginning of packet pickup. On-site training provided for distribution process. Ensure correct race packet is distributed to all participants
EVENT DAY - 5/13:
* Start & Finish Area Set up (5:30am - 8am) (ages 15+)
Help set up tents, tables and chairs in the community village area, food tables, registration tables, kids play area where kids play area and finish line area
*Race Day Registration Support (6 am - 8 am) (ages 18+)
Help set-up registration area and register participants before the race. Distribute any race packets that were not picked up the day before.
* Run Course Set up (6am - 8am) (ages 15+)
Help set up the 5K course with markers, signs and cones.
* Start & Finish Area Support (7:30am - 11am) (ages 15+)
Cheer on participants at the start & finish line, remove chips from participants, hand out ribbons, direct participants to resource areas, Support the water/food station and support other areas at the start and finish area as needed
* Run Course Monitoring, Aid Support & Course Sweeping Support (7:30am - 11am) (ages 15+)
Volunteers are stationed at different places throughout course, cheer on participants, ensure that spectators are not standing on the course, ensure that participants are on the right side of the course (not running into people going the opposite way on the course). Some course volunteers will manage water table(s) and hand out water during the race. All Course Volunteers help clean-up course markers and signs.
* Start & Finish Area Breakdown & Clean UpHelp break down tents, chairs, tables signs and load equipment into trucks, discard of trash and recycling, clean-up of start & finish area after run ends.
CLICK HERE to express interest and our team will contact you to schedule you for shifts!
#humanrace2023 #cvnlvolunteers #rockstarvolunteers #volunteerappreciation