Volunteer at our MLK Day Wildfire Prevention Event at Hanns Park - now March 4th
In honor of MLK Jr Day of Service, join CVNL Solano Volunteers, Vallejo Watershed Alliance, Greater Vallejo Recreation District, and California Climate Action Corps and volunteer to help make Solano County safe from wildfire!
Date and times:
Saturday, March 4th 9am - 12pm
Hanns Park, 198 Skyline Dr., Vallejo, CA
Instructions: Park in the main parking lot and follow the signs about 1/3rd of a mile up of the path to the project site. The sign-in table will be at the site.
Volunteer Duties and Requirements:
- Volunteer with your family and friends to remove flammable vegetation.
- Please wear long sleeves, long pants, close-toed shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and sun glasses. There may be poison oak in the area where we are working.
- We will provide gloves and tools but please bring your own if you have them.
- We will have some snacks and water but please bring a reusable water bottle if you have one to reduce plastic waste.
- Volunteers must be age 10 or older.
Interested in Volunteering?
All volunteers must sign a waiver to participate. Please click the link below to download and print the waiver and bring it with you to the event.
Click here to complete the volunteer waiver
Volunteers age 14 - 17 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver but can participate without a parent/guardian present.
Volunteers under 14 must have parent/guardian present at the event.
Click Here to download the Hanns Park MLK Day Event Flyer
For more information about our Climate Impact Wildfire Prevention Project: www.volunteernow.org/climate-impact-project/
For more information on Vallejo Watershed Alliance: https://vallejowatershedalliance.org/
For more information on Greater Vallejo Recreation District: https://www.gvrd.org/
#MLK #MLKDay #caclimateactioncorps
Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: