Volunteer at our Hanns Park Wildfire Community Preparation Event - Sat, May 6th!
May is National Wildfire Awareness Month!
Join CVNL Solano Volunteers, Vallejo Watershed Alliance, Greater Vallejo Recreation District, and California Climate Action Corps, a program of California Volunteers, Office of the Governor, and volunteer to help contribute to wildfire prevention and preparedness efforts in the community!
Saturday, May 6th 9am - 12pm
Hanns Park, 198 Skyline Dr., Vallejo, CA
Instructions: Park in the main parking lot and follow the signs about 1/3rd of a mile up of the path to the project site. The sign-in table will be at the site.
Volunteer Duties and Requirements:
- Volunteer with your family and friends to remove fire-prone invasive species.
- Please wear long sleeves, long pants, close-toed shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and sun glasses. There may be poison oak in the area where we are working.
- We will provide gloves and tools but please bring your own if you have them.
- We will have some snacks and water but please bring a reusable water bottle if you have one to reduce plastic waste.
- Volunteers must be age 10 or older.
Interested in Volunteering?
All volunteers must sign a waiver to participate. Please click the link below to download and print the waiver and bring it with you to the event.
Volunteers age 14 - 17 must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver but can participate without a parent/guardian present.
Volunteers under 14 must have parent/guardian present at the event.
Saturday, May 6th is Wildfire Community Preparedness Day, a national campaign that encourages people and organizations to come together and raise awareness about reducing wildfire risk. Learn more here.
For more information about our Climate Impact Wildfire Prevention Project: www.volunteernow.org/climate-impact-project/
For more information on Vallejo Watershed Alliance: https://vallejowatershedalliance.org/
For more information on Greater Vallejo Recreation District: https://www.gvrd.org/
Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:14+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: