Academic Coach (Tutor / GPA Boot Camp Faciliator)
Please note; we ask that all volunteers, adults and supportors of the Fairfield PAL program support and model the Alive & Free framework. Training is provided. For more information about Alive & Free, please visit https://stayaliveandfree.org/
As an Academic Coach with Fairfield PAL , you can provide invaluable support and enrichment to teens by:
- offering individual or small group tutoring
- engaging teens in enjoyable experiences with literature — writing, reading and listening through book clubs, midnight shakespear, poetry, spoken word, BreakOut EDU exercises, debate clubs, Blind Date with a Book events, Graffiti Walls, Extreme Backpack Make Overs, What's in the News, Community Circles, We are Ready, Improv classes, typing tournaments, editing and proofing workshops, and more!
- helping members feel successful by giving positive feedback and support--including connecting with parents / guardians
- helping with homework in ways that extend understanding and interest
- modeling through your own actions that reading and writing are pleasurable and valuable activities
- extending or supporting the literacy learning that happens within the classroom.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: