Transportation Ambassador Program (TAP)
What is the Transportation Ambassador Program (TAP)?
TAP is designed to connect people to transportation information and opportunities in the region. The goal of the program is to create a network of people informed about the most current information and resources in human services transportation in order to serve the residents of Sonoma County.
What is a Transportation Ambassador?
A Transportation Ambassador is a volunteer trained to know the local fixed-route transit systems in Sonoma County as well as the alternative services offered by other providers and non-profits. Ambassadors help first-time passengers or passengers who have questions about using the bus general. A Transportation Ambassador offers experience, information, a resource for community presentations, and a friendly face.
Is There an On-line Transit Resource?
Yes, view our TAP Power Point Presentation Now!
What are the responsibilities of a Transportation Ambassador?
- Attend 2 hour training which includes learning to use the transportation presentation PowerPoint , transit schedule planning, tips for good communication and customer service skills, learning to use resource documents and survey tools
- Take a trip of 1+ hours of bus travel to practice what you have learned
- Plan and provide transit presentations to passengers or passenger groups as needed. Min. 4 presentations a year at your convenience.
- Be a resource to answer questions and offer assistance when people need immediate help to plan a trip. By phone, email, or in person. Time flexible as needed
- Attend 1 hour volunteer Transit Ambassador meeting quarterly to receive in service training, share experiences, identify unmet needs
- Submit data to the Transit Ambassador Program Coordinator on a monthly basis which shows your volunteer hours, number of people served, community organizations visited, survey results and changes in transit information that you became aware of.
For more information If you would like to become an Ambassador or would like a TAP presentation or information, contact Laurie Parish, RSVP Mgr. (707)573-3399 ext 117 or click here to e-mail