Nonprofit organizations that have the trust of the public have a distinct competitive advantage. They attract the best employees, serve the most committed clients, inspire donor loyalty, and provide the most innovative programs and services. During this interactive, hands-on workshop, nonprofit leaders will:
(1) identify the characteristics and competencies of a trusted leader;
(2) develop techniques for building strategic, organizational, and personal trust with stakeholders;
(3) define ways to overcome resistance to trust;
(4) determine how to re-build trust when it has become lost; and
(5) develop an action plan to build greater trust with internal and external constituents.
Dr. B.J. Bischoff, owner of Bischoff Performance Improvement Consulting, a Sonoma firm specializing in building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and public sector agencies to better serve their stakeholders. She has over 25 years of experience in assisting her clients with strategic planning, training resulting in performance improvement, fund development, and community relations. She is President of Impact100 Sonoma and leads the Sonoma Valley Presidents Council. She serves on the Sonoma Upstream Investments Portfolio Review Committee as an appointee of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors.
For: Executive directors, board members, program directors
"Members" are staff or volunteers from organizations who have paid their Volunteer Center membership fees. See a list of member organizations. Not a member organization? Get information on becoming one today!